Manufacturing & Servicing the industry for over 50 Years

Superior Fences and Gates | FAQ's

Below are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions from our Superior fences clients:

  1. Where do I start I need a fence?

  2. What is the warranty?

  3. How do I maintain my fence?

  4. Aluminium or steel?

  5. Does my pool fence require a compliance certificate?

  6. Dividing fences Can I split the cost with my neighbour?

  7. What happens if underground services are broken when installing the new fence?

Where do I start I need a fence?

Superior Fences and Gates trained staff can assist you. We can arrange for one of our experienced representatives to discuss options over the phone or arrange an onsite quote. Our representatives are familiar with current pool fencing regulations and can assist here to help ensure your new fence will be compliant.

Because we specialise in custom made fencing we can normally come up with a solution to suit your needs, including custom made panels to suit the terrain of your property. New pool fencing regulations are sometimes difficult to execute but with the assistance of Superior Fences and Gates we can assist you in making the right decision. For more information regarding rules and regulations for pool fencing in Queensland please contact Department of Infrastructure and Planning: PO box 15009 City East QLD 4002 or telephone 1800 153 262 or

What is the warranty?

Superior Fences and Gates use quality materials and processes when manufacturing all products. Please see terms and conditions on the reverse of the contract.

How do I maintain my fence?

A powder coated fence requires regular maintenance to keep it looking good. It is recommended you regularly wash down your fence using a sponge or soft brush with warm water and a mild detergent. This should be done every 3-6 months. If your fence is close to salt or chlorinated water, near the ocean or industrial areas we would advise this happens more regularly, say every two to three months.

Aluminium or steel?

Generally aluminium is advised if your fence is in a harsh environment, ie, near a pool, near the ocean, or near an industrial area with high pollutants. Steel options offer more rigidity and are more suitable for high traffic areas such as, schools, day care centres, shopping centres etc.

Does my pool fence require a compliance certificate?

All pool fencing manufactured by Superior Fences and Gates is supplied with a compliance certificate to certify that the fence panel/gate has been built to comply with current pool fence regulations. If you, or Superior Fences and Gates, install your new fence you are also obliged to have the installed fence certified. This process cannot be completed by Superior Fences and Gates; you must arrange and pay for an independent certifier to issue this certificate.

Dividing fences Can I split the cost with my neighbour?

You can independently arrange to split total costs with your neighbour; however Superior Fences and Gates can only address the quotation to one owner. Final payment is the responsibility of the person that the quote is addressed to.

What happens if underground services are broken when Superior Fences and Gates are installing the new fence?

Superior Fences and Gates will always obtain Dial B4 U Dig information before potholing (hand digging) on your property; however we are unaware of other underground services on your property. It is the owner's responsibility to inform Superior Fences and Gates of all underground services near the new fence line.

Contact Us Now on 3205 2466 for all your Fencing Needs

Superior Fences and Gates
4 Leonard Crescent Brendale QLD 4500
(07) 3205 2466

Contact Us Now on for all your Fencing Needs
4 Leonard Crescent Brendale, QLD 4500

Visit our Showroom 4 Leonard Crescent, Brendale 4500

Bookmark SiteTell a FriendPrint